Oven Baked BBQ Brisket is one of my favorite recipes to make for a true comfort food dinner. Serve with classic sides like mac and cheese, coleslaw or beans and rice to make a delicious meal. This will be a recipe you'll come back to time and time again!
How to cook Oven Baked BBQ Brisket in the oven
Cooking brisket in the oven is an easy process, though it does take a bit of time to get it to be melt in your mouth tender. I start my brisket uncovered for the first hour and cooking it fat side up, then I lower the temperature and add beef stock to the pan before covering the dish with aluminum foil to cook for a few more hours. When the brisket is fork tender, I remove the aluminum foil and brush on BBQ sauce before roasting uncovered for 20 minutes. This will give you melt in your mouth tender brisket each time!
How long to cook brisket
Brisket is a labor of love in that it takes a good mount of time to cook and become very tender. Overall this recipe will take about 4 hours of cook time. But don't run away yet! This is a recipe you'll make on a snowy day when you don't want to go outside and need a good meal. This is a recipe you'll make on the lazy Sunday to have a great family meal. This is the recipe you'll make to impress your mother in law when she comes to dinner. Don't be afraid of the time. This is a fairly hands off recipe so once it's in the oven you'll be free to relax, clean or watch TV!
What should you serve with a brisket
Brisket can have many different great pairings. I like to make it a true comfort food meal by having corn, creamed spinach, coleslaw, mac and cheese or brussel sprouts. Check out these recipes on my blog that would work well with this Oven Baked BBQ Beef Brisket:
make it a meal
- Maple Glazed Roasted Carrots
- Balsamic Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Creamy Parmesan Polenta
- Roasted Broccoli and Garlic
- Other Side Options
other great beef dinners
Oven Baked BBQ Beef Brisket
- 4 Pounds Beef Brisket
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Ground Mustard
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350
- Trim any excess fat off of brisket.
- Combine all dry ingredients and rub onto brisket, making sure all areas covered. Place in baking dish uncovered fat side up and cook for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock and worcestershire. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and return to oven. Cook at 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove aluminum foil and brush BBQ sauce on the brisket. Return heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until sauce is tacky.
- Remove from liquid and slice thinly cross grain. Serve and enjoy!
Life on the wild side, yes we live on the 3rd floor but she has no fear!