Meatball Parmesan is more than just a sandwich. This recipe can be made as a delicious appetizer or as a great family dinner. Serve as is for an appetizer or with a side of pasta to make it a meal.
What are italian meatballs made of?
Italian meatballs are usually made of a blend of ground meats such as ground beef and ground pork. This blend gives the meatballs their distinct flavor and helps balance out the fat content as well. Don't get me wrong, all beef meatballs are delicious, but using a blend of meats creates a more complex flavor.
How do meatballs become tough?
- They are overcooked
- They are made with too lean of a meat
- The meatballs were overmixed
- The meatballs didn't have enough breadcrumbs and milk
How to cook meatballs?
- Baking: Place all meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. This method is great if you want an easy cleanup and a hands off route. If you like a crispy experior, this may not be the method for you.
- Pan Fried: In a large cast iron, add cooking oil and brown all meatballs. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes. This is the best method for crispy outsides, however you have twice as many dishes to clean. (You can also cook meatballs completely in the frying pan)
- Cooked in Sauce: add uncooked meatballs to red sauce and simmer for 20 minutes, turning so that all sides are cooked through. This is the best method if you want juicy flavorful meatballs.
Like this recipe? Make sure to pin and save for later!
Meatball Parmesan is more than just a sandwich. Enjoy it as an appetizer or a main dish with this delicious recipe. Perfect for the family!
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Ground Pork
- 1 Onion Minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 2 ½ Cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
In a large bowl, combine milk and bread crumbs. let sit while preparing the other ingredients.
Combine all ingredients with the milk and bread crumb mixture until ingredients are just fully incorporated. Form mixture into 1 inch balls and place balls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake meatballs at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned on all sides.
Add meatballs to a baking dish. Cover with marinara sauce and cheese. Return to oven and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Serve and enjoy!