Sometimes I like to get a bit boujee and make an indulgent meal. Sometimes I just want to level up a holiday meal. This recipe for Lamb Chops with Mint Creme Sauce is just that. A full rack of lamb is seasoned, roasted and served with a creamy whipped mint sauce. This recipe is one that will impress!
How to prep a rack of lamb
While most racks of lamb will come prepped, others may need a bit of prep work. If you get your meat from a store with a butcher, you can ask them to french the rack. Frenching the rack will remove the top layer of meat (that is tougher anyways) and will expose the bone. This give the rack of lamb a neat presentation. This step by step instructional guide from Saveur is a great guide to frenching a rack of lamb if you have never done it before.
How to cook Lamb Chops with Mint Creme Sauce
This recipe for Lamb Chops with Mint Creme Sauce calls for roasting a rack of lamb. To begin you'll season the lamb generously and place into an oven proof baking dish. Roast the lamb at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees for a medium rare lamb. Remove the lamb from the oven and let rest.
How to create a mint creme sauce
To begin, place the mint leaves in the heavy cream and add sugar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes or until mint has fully steeped in the cream. Strain out the mint leaves, then using an electric blender whip the cream. Whip the cream for 3-5 minutes on high or until stiff peaks form. Stiff peaks will retain their shape and not soften. The cream should be served cold with the lamb.
Lamb Chops with Mint Creme Sauce
- 1 ½ Pounds Rack of Lamb Frenched
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Mustard
- 2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch Rosemary
- ⅔ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Fresh Mint Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pat dry lamb. Season both sides generously with salt, garlic powder, mustard, and pepper.
- Place lamb on an oven safe pan. Place rosemary under the rack of lamb. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees. Remove from oven and cover with foil while the lamb rests.
- Chop fresh mint leaves and mix with heavy cream and sugar. Let mint seep in cream for 5 minutes, then strain out mint leaves.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, slice rack of lamb between the bones. Serve with a spoonful of mint cream. Enjoy!
I love lamb but must admit to being stuck with the bottled mint sauce. I'm so excited to try this recipe - I really love the combo of mint and lamb and this recipe looks fabulous!
Lamb Chops and Mint sauce are one of my favorites I have never made it at home but you are making it look very easy. I am gonna give this a try soon.
This recipe is so easy and so tasty! A great way to dress up dinner. I love the spice mixture on the lamb.
Oh wow! So yummy and so delicious! My hubby and I are going to love this recipe! Can’t wait to make this!