Sweet Potatoes are one of the best vegetables to eat in cold weather. They come in season late fall and are the perfect healthy side dish. This recipe for Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potatoes is as easy to make as it is delicious. Move over picky eaters, brussel sprouts are coming for you!
How to prep sweet potato
While sweet potato skin can be eaten, when roasting it can sometimes become dried out and hard. The first step in this recipe is to peel the sweet potatoes. Cubing the sweet potato will allow for it to roast evenly and become a bit crispy on the outside. To cube, begin by slicing the potato lengthwise. The cube each slice into even pieces.
How to roast Sweet Potatoes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Put prepped sweet potato in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss sweet potato sprouts to coat evenly. Spread sweet potato on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through. The sweet potato will be crispy on the exterior and soft on the interior.
What to serve with Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potato go well with most proteins. Chicken, pork, beef, and fish can all be paired easily with sweet potato. Below are a few of my favorite options to make Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato part of a well balanced meal.
- Oven Baked Garlic Rosemary London Broil
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- Classic Steak Diane
- Lemon Pepper London Broil
- Braised Beef Brisket
- Lemon Chicken with rice and asparagus
- NY Strip Steak with Red Wine Sauce
Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato
- 1 Pound Sweet Potato Cubed
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 10 Garlic Cloves Smashed
- ½ Cup Parmesan Shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cube sweet potato, then transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir in smashed garlic.
- Spread sweet potato mixture evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast in oven for 10 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese and roast for another 10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Baby Arya, when she discovered how much fun it is to play in the water in the sink