There are few dishes that compare to the tastiness and ease of Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Although it's often reserved for restaurant meals, it's surprisingly easy to make at home with no hacks required. Save the cream cheese for your bagel, this alfredo sauce is packed with italian cheeses and cream. Dieters beware of this delicious meal!
In making my recipe I tried several that I found online and there were a few tricks and hacks I learned along to way
- If your alfredo is made out of cream cheese, you are doing alfredo wrong
- Use a blend of italian cheeses for the best success
- Not all parmesan is created equal (my first batch didn’t melt well and seized up)
- Making a roux first is the easiest way to thicken up a sauce
- To thin a sauce, use some pasta water (it contains starch and salt and will have a beautiful effect on the sauce over regular water)
- Use freshly ground black pepper for the best taste
- Use a microplane to prepare your garlic
While this version is for chicken fettuccine alfredo, my original homemade fettuccine alfredo recipe can't be missed!
The best part about this sauce is how well it clings to the pasta. It's a sauce made for indulgence. I found myself taking bread to sop up the rest of the sauce from the bowl. I made a double batch of sauce when making this recipe and truth be told, I could have eaten in all right away. Thankfully I had some self control and portioned the rest out for lunches and meals throughout the week. And yes, speaking from personal experience this alfredo sauce freezes well.
I baked my chicken in the oven with a simple seasoning of salt and pepper. If you have a grill, grilling the chicken would be a great alternative (I live in a tiny apartment in a city, so unfortunately no grilling for me). I would stick to using chicken breast instead of other cuts because bone in chicken would be a bit too messy for this recipe and the chicken breast will stay moist and juicy through the cooking process.
Make it a meal
- Pasta Bolognese
- Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- Tortellini Alfredo
- Broccoli Alfredo
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Bacon Carbonara
- See Other Dinner Ideas
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Cups Italian Cheese Blend
- Pasta Cooking Water As Needed
- Cooked Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Melt butter in a large pan on medium-high heat. Stir in flour to create a roux and cook for about a minute, stirring continuously.
- Stir in heavy cream. If it is too thick, add pasta water as needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add in the garlic.
- Bring to a simmer and mix in italian cheese blend. Again, use pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Slice chicken and serve over fettuccine or pasta of your choice and enjoy!
Someone was really happy when our new deck was finally installed. I swear not having a spot for her to go outside was rough, she really enjoys laying outside all day!
Leave a Reply